For almost 50 years, Sandpoint Area Seniors, Inc. (SASi) has been serving the age 50 and over population of Bonner County Idaho. Our mission is to address food insecurity and social isolation among the most vulnerable members of the senior community in Bonner County. We do this by providing nutritious meals both on-site and through home delivery as well as providing a gathering place and informational site for social, recreational, and wellness programs.
SASi has recently been awarded a major grant to build our development capacity to include on-going, robust major gifts and planned giving campaigns. These are new approaches for SASi, which has previously relied primarily on grant-funding and meal revenue to fund our operations. The Development Officer will work with the Board of Directors to identify and implement these new funding strategies. The grant provides the flexibility for the role to be either a contract or employed position but assumes a significant time commitment in either case.
· Assist SASi’s Board of Directors in developing a culture of charitable giving across the enterprise.
· Train Board, staff and volunteers in organizational promotion and ambassadorship, and effective methods to solicit donations.
· In cooperation with the Board’s fundraising committee, assess the feasibility of different campaign approaches; recommend explicit fundraising objectives and campaigns.
§ Develop a plan for fundraising campaign(s) to coincide with our 50th Anniversary Year (2024) celebrations.
§ Formally kick-off anniversary celebrations (January 2024).
§ Implement anniversary year campaign(s) according to plan (January 2024-January 2025).
· Work with the Board to identify potential donors and support donor screening.
§ Develop detailed strategies for identifying, cultivating and soliciting planned, principal and major donors.
§ Develop appropriate solicitation and briefing materials, including personalized solicitation letters and tailored proposals.
§ Plan individual donor outreach and accompany Board members in development meetings.
· Recommend and help develop any needed resources to support fundraising efforts, e.g. donor management software etc.
· Five or more years of experience in the areas of development strategy, relationship building, solicitation, and donor stewardship.
· Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills including presentations.
· The interpersonal skills needed to relate to and communicate with board members, clients, donors and prospects of all ages and backgrounds.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evening or weekend meetings or events.
Location: Position is located in Sandpoint, ID. While much of the work may be performed remotely, applicant must able to attend in-person donor meetings and events without incurring significant travel expense.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org