Bryant Group is partnering with Western Michigan University (WMU) in seeking an experienced, passionate, and highly successful fundraising professional to assume the role of Chief Development Officer, College of Health and Human Services. Join the Broncos during this time of intentional growth within University Advancement.
About Western Michigan University
Founded in 1903, WMU has undergone dramatic growth in size and stature during its nearly 120 years of service. The University offers about 250 academic programs to more than 19,000 students pursuing degrees through the doctoral level. WMU is redefining success as it expands what it means to be smart in an ever-changing world. The University prepares students from around the globe for a life well lived by helping them to pursue, thrive, and prosper so they can provide a meaningful impact on society, as thousands of Broncos have over the University’s long history.
To learn more visit, https://wmich.edu/
To learn more about the College of Health and Human Services, visit https://wmich.edu/hhs
WMU is classified as a ‘high research activity’ university by the Carnegie Foundation, is ranked in the top 11% of all universities in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and received a $550 million gift in June 2021, the largest gift ever given to a public university in the United States. This position plays a vital role in supporting the College of Health and Human Services in preparing students for careers that are high in demand, high in meaning, high in satisfaction and unsurpassed in impact. The College has three graduate programs ranked in the Top 50 and two programs ranked in the Top 100 by U.S. News & World Report.
The Chief Development Officer for the College of Health and Human Services will be responsible for identifying and promoting relationships with major donors with an emphasis on major gifts from alumni of the college.
- Develop and promote relationship strategies for major gift prospects in assigned portfolio.
- Identify potential major gift prospects. Determine the interest and affiliation with the University.
- Establish and build relationships with donors and assist in coordinating strategies and personal visits for the involvement of institutional partners.
- Write major gift proposals and agreements.
Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution.
- Five years’ relevant experience.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, sales, marketing, advertising, public relations, communications or related field.
- Willingness to travel on a frequent basis.
- Demonstrated professionalism.
- Capable of motivating volunteers and donors.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Ability to work as a team member in a complex organization.
WMU has retained Bryant Group to assist in this recruitment process. To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your letter of interest and qualifications for the position as outlined in this announcement in confidence to:
Priority will be given to candidates whose materials arrive prior to May 9. WMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Bryant Group
Bryant Group is an executive search firm, passionate about changing lives through great leadership. We serve our clients in three core ways. Recruit. Develop. Coach.
Mission: Changing Lives to Positively Impact the World
Niche: Advancing Great Leadership
Vision: To be the most impactful recruitment and leadership education partner for higher education, healthcare, and nonprofits as measured by the longevity of tenure and bottom-line results of our placements and their teams.
Find out more about us at our website: www.bryantgrp.com.